So as many of you know my kids are on year round school. The new School Year begins on Monday the 27. Rae will be in 5th grade, and Payton will be in 1st, I know scary! It will be quite a adjustment for me to have both girls in school all day and just me and the boys at home. Hopefully we will be able to get Jesse in preschool in the fall too, he is so smart and really wants to go to school. On the subject of Jesse we finally figured out why he had such a problem with going #2 in the potty. "Someone" told him that if he did the potty would suck him in and it would kill him.....nice huh!!! I am tyring to get him to realize the such a thing is not possible, we still have a few issues to work out but at least now we know why.
On a different note we got some papers in the mail the other day saying that we were approved for the modification of our home, they dropped our payment by $350 so that's nice. Jesse has been working like crazy to get the Master Bath finished, it is looking really nice and is just about finished. We have also been working on our backyard, when we moved in almost 4 years ago the weeds were taller then us. Its taken a while to tame them but it looks pretty good now, we got rid of all the weeds and are now waiting for the grass to grow in. So as you can see not much going on in our little home, hope everyone is having a great summer!!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Posted by Kimi at 8:02 PM
Thursday, July 2, 2009
So as of late we have been trying to figure out which one a Jesse's trucks we wanted to keep. He has a red 93' Chevy ex-cab, 4x4 and a blue 84' 4x4. The 84 worked, but got horrible gas mileage. It is awesome to drive though, and Jesse's favorite one. Last year we traded vehicles with Jesse's ex-wife Della. She got the Status and we got the 93 truck. We have been slowly putting money into the 93' to try to get it running, Jesse has tore it apart and put it back together so many times I have lost count. The speedometer wouldn't work we replaced the speed sensers only to find out that wasn't what was causing the problem. Once we figured out it was some green board behind the glove box that had burned out Jesse attached a new wire to it and now that works, that was about $800. We had to replace the a-arms on the front of the truck was about $300, then the front and back windshields that ran us about $375. It still wouldn't start, we replaced the cap and rotters, plugs, wires, shocks, then we found this thing called a Ignition module, that did it, it was running, but wouldn't go into gear. Then some dude at Jesse's work has been begging him to let him buy the 84' from him, he finally gave into him and sold the 84' to him last week.
Jesse's 84' Chevy!!
The nice rims.
The clutch was out and needed to be replaced. That turned out to be $809, we replace some other things here and there, so that in all has come to ruffly $2,500 in all. We picked it up yesterday and it works, shocking I know!! Who knows for how long though. It still needs some work though, the door panels are in bad shape and the drivers seat isn't bolted down completely. So there is still work to be done but hopefully all the mechanical stuff is fixed, and this gives us another car that fits our whole family!
Posted by Kimi at 1:50 PM